This is the second event I am hosting for Nayna and was really looking forward to this theme.South African cuisine is not so popular around here and hence I saw this as a chance to discover the tastes of South Africa.
A little about the cuisine before we go on to the rules. South African cuisine is a melting pot of recipes from a large number of cuisines and hence it is sometimes referred to as the 'Rainbow' cuisine'.
The dishes use localized seasonized ingredients and the meal consists of starters, soups, baked goods, flavorful main dishes , side dishes and the desserts.
Here are a few sites that will help us discover the wonderful world of South African cuisine...
Now to the rules of the event...
- Cook and posta vegetarian / vegan recipe from the South African cuisine.
- Link your recipes to this announcement and to Simply.food .Use of the logo is appreciated.
- Send in as many recipes you like.Archieved recipes are also accepted.
- Non bloggers are also welcome to participate
- The last date to send in your entries – December 31st 2012
- Drop me mail to email@example.com, with the following details and the subject line - Flavors of South Africa
- Your name and the name of your blog
- The recipe and the URL
- A picture of your creation. [Kindly re-size your image ]
After mailing me your entry, leave a comment so that I can check my mailbox. I will acknowledge your mail within two days.
The roundup shall be posted within a week after the dead line
Eager to see your awesome creations....