This time, I chose to make Aval upma from Sowmya's blog as it was a little different from what I usually prepare. We love this upma and the different taste is always welcome at our table.
Here is Sowmya's recipe...
Poha/ Aval/ pressed rice - 1 cup
Onion, finely chopped - 1
Green chilli-1 chopped
Red chilli- 1 broken into bits
Potato-1,small,peeled and cubed
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds- 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves - a few
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Cashewnuts- fried- a few
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 teaspoon
- Wash the poha and drain . Sprinkle some water and let it rest till it softens.
- Microwave the potato till done.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin and curry leaves.
- When it splutters, add the onion , green and red chilli and saute till the onion turns soft.
- Add the potato, turmeric powder,salt and poha.
- Mix well and sprinkle a little water it the mixture is dry.
- Remove from heat and serve garnished with grated coconut and fried cashews.
Each month,it is fun creating dishes for Taste and Create ...Would you like to join ? Just email Min @ firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, blog name and a link to your blog to sign up.Hope to see you in the next edition of Taste and Create....