This month I was paired with 3 sides of crazy.She has a lovely blog and the header alone was enough to interest me!I browsed through her blog and found some soup recipes that I thought I must try. This is one of the recipes I had bookmarked from section for soups where she has prepared soups from 'scratch' ingredients instead of opting for creamed condensed soup which has preservatives.
It was threatening to rain last evening. The winds were howling away. It was the perfect time to prepare this soup. We had this soup with a couple of toasts and absolutely loved the flavor.
Cream of Tomato SoupSource : 3 sides of Crazy
I used :
Tomato -2 large ,blanched and pureed
Butter - 1 tablespoon
All purpose flour - 2 tablespoons
Milk - 1 cup
Garlic salt to taste
- Heat butter in a pan and whisk in flour.Simmer and cook till bubbly.
- Add tomato puree and stir well so that there are no lumps.
- Remove from heat and add milk.Mix well.
- Return to heat, add garlic salt. Adjust the consistency by adding water.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes or till it thickens a bit.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
Each month,it is fun creating dishes for Taste and Create ...Would you like to join ? Just email Min @ email@example.com with your name, blog name and a link to your blog to sign up.Hope to see you in the next edition of Taste and Create....