Paneer- 150 grams,cubed
Cooked rice - 1 bowlful
Capsicum- 1/2 a small one, sliced
Onion- 1, sliced
Garlic- 2 pods, grated
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Freshly ground pepper powder- 1 teaspoon
Oil- 2 teaspoons
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and put in cumin seeds.
- When it splutters add the paneer cubes and let it brown on the sides. Toss gently so that the cubes don not break.
- Next in goes onion,garlic,capsicum,salt and saute till the capsicum is almost done.
- Put in the cooked rice and mix well.
- Add the pepper powder,mix well and cover and cook on low flame for a few minutes for the flavors to blend.
- Remove from heat and serve hot....
- Usually left over rice is not served to the new mother.So use freshly steamed rice.
- Instead of ready made pepper powder, freshly ground pepper powder gives a better flavor to the dish.
Earlier in this series of 'Postpartum Diet' that is a part of Blogging Marathon #13-
PostPartum period - An Introduction
Nutritional need in Postpartum Period
Manathakkali Vatral Podi
Paneer Ajwain Paratha and Vegetable Dal