Zucchini - 1,medium size,peeled and diced
Moong dal -1 cup
Onion-1,peeled and chopped
Sambar powder-2 teaspoons
Curry leaves - a few
Salt to taste
Oil- 2 teaspoons
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat oi l in a pressure cooker.
- Put in mustard and curry leaves.
- When the mustard crackles, put in onion and saute till light brown.
- Next in goes tomato and cook for a few minutes.
- Add 2 cups water and bring to boil.[Adjust the quantity of water based on the gravy consistency you prefer]
- Put in zucchini cubes, moong dal, sambarpowder, salt.Mix well.
- Pressure cook for 10-15 minutes or till the dal is soft.
- When the pressure releases,remove the gravy into a serving dish and garnish with coriander leaves.
This goes well with Chapathi and poori...
Check out the Blogging Marathon page to find out what my fellow bloggers are cooking this week....
Sending this to Susan's - My Legume Love Affair #43 hosted @Chez Cayenee and to Hema's Double celebration event - Murari Anniversary Giveaway
This Day That Year...
2011 - Corn Pulao
2010 - Tangy Aval Upma and Vendakkai Vatral Puli Kuzhambu
2009 - Chole for bhatura