Adapted from Tamalpaku
Dates 15 numbers
Bread crumbs - 1/2 cup [more or less]
Cinnamon powder- a pinch
Cardamom powder- a pinch
Mixed nuts powder- 2 tablespoons [ I used almonds and cashews]
Milk - a few tablespoons
Coconut, grated- 1/2 cup
- Grind the dates with a little milk to a fine paste.
- In a bowl take this paste, bread crumbs,cardamom powder, cinnamon powder, nuts powder and mix well.If the dough is sticky add a little more nuts powder / bread crumbs.
- Pinch out small balls and roll into laddus.
- Roll them over the grated coconut.
Delicious ,sugar free and fat free laddu is ready to be served.
- Use desiccated coconut if you make a large batch as it will stay good for longer. Since I made small batch and did not have desiccated coconut, I used fresh coconut.
- Coconut can also be used as a garnish instead of rolling it over coconut.
Sending this to Only event being hosted by Gayathri with the theme Only Sweets and Desserts
And to Denny's and Kirthi's, Serve it- Festival Potluck
Khushi's My Diwali My way
This Day That Year...
2010 - Vegan Pad Thai