This also holds good for this dish that I am writing now....
One day when I rummaged the fridge,I saw that there were little bits of this and that.I put them all into the chapathi flour and thus was born this tasty dish.I served it with Potato-peas masal. It has a nice color and nutrients that is good for all of us.The color pleases Lil one and there is no fuss in getting her to eat the veggies.We too liked it as a variation to the regular chapathi.
Wheat flour - 3 cups
Spinach - 1/2 a bunch
Homemade Paneer - a few tablespoons
Radish- 1, peeled and grated
Purple cabbage- 1/2 a small one,grated
Sesame seeds- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Blanch the spinach,drain and puree without adding water.
- In a large bowl put in wheat flour, crumbled paneer, grated carrot,radish and cabbage,sesame seeds , salt and mix well.
- Add the spinach puree little by little and knead into a firm dough.If the puree is not sufficient, use a little water.
- Pinch out small balls and roll out into chapathis.Use a little flour for dusting if required.
- Cook on a heated griddle till small brown spots appear on both side.You may drizzle a little oil if you wish.
This chapathi is really soft and is a great dish to pack for the lunch box.
Sending this to B is for Breakfast event
and to Toddler breakfast ideas event.
30 Minutes Meals: Gayathri Anand
Baked Goods: Monika,
For On Going Events: Gayathri Kumar, Usha
Kids Friendly: PJ, Savitha, Smitha, Srivalli, Veena Aravind
Rice Varieties: Champa, Divya, Padma
This Day That Year...
2010 - SPB Shake and Pineapple Chutney
2008 - More Kuzhambu