This week it was this pretty pink poori which she loves.Will share her other favorites in the coming posts. I use beetroot to color the pooris.Initially when I watched Lil one savor these pooris I thought they would be sweet from the beets I used but it was not exactly so.Since I used a small quantity, it imparted its color and not its flavor.
Whole wheat flour - 3 cups
Beetroot - 1 small
Ajwain seeds -1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Peel and roughly chop the beetroot.Pressure cook it with a little water.
- Cool and puree the boiled beetroot without adding water.
- In a large bowl, put in wheat flour, salt, ajwain and mix well.
- Add the puree little by little and make a stiff dough.[If you have extra puree use that and the water used to cook the beetroot to make beetroot soup.]
- Pinch out a ball of dough and roll it into a sheet.
- Use a round cookie cutter or a bottle cap to make small circles
- Heat oil for frying and when it is hot, lower the flame and deep fry the small poori's .
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Repeat for the remaining dough.
- Serve with masal or any other side dish of your choice.
|Beetroot Poori with Potato Masal|
- Since Lil Angel loves this, I made mini pooris for her.If you are preparing this for adults, roll out into regular sized pooris.
- If you feel they are sweet, add chilli flakes / chilli powder while making the dough
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of beetroot to suit your taste
Sending this to B is for Breakfast event
Toddler breakfast ideas event.
Meeta's Monthly Mingle with the theme Think Pink
Apart from the regular Poori, you can also try Buckwheat Poori or Masala Poori.For a change why not prepare the famous Sindi breakfast - Dal pakwan....
Today is the second day of blogging marathon and here are my friends who are running it along with me.
30 Minutes Meals: Gayathri Anand
Baked Goods: Monika,
For On Going Events: Gayathri Kumar, Usha
Kids Friendly: PJ, Savitha, Smitha, Srivalli, Veena AravindRice Varieties: Champa, Divya, Padma
This Day That Year...
2010 - I went overboard this day last year .I prepared and posted three Moroccon dishes for an event...
Moroccan Spiced Coffee , Harira -Moroccan Lentil- Tomato soup and Moroccan Spaghetti
2009 - Announced the theme for AWED event - Let's travel to Korea