Now for today's post...I was browsing Meena’s Hooked on heat and saw this post that made me drool.I just made a few minor changes and it was a perfect pair with rice and sambar.
Potatoes –3,boiled and cubed
Mustard seeds-1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoon
Coriander seeds-1 teaspoon
Kasuri Methi[Dried fenugreek leaves]-1 tablespoon
Red chilli powder-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-a large pinch
Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and put in mustard,cumin,lightly crushed coriander seeds.
- When mustard splutters,put in onion and sauté till brown.
- Add the turmeric powder,chilli powder,salt and the potato cubes.
- Mix well to coat the spices.
- Cook for 5 minutes stirring gently once in a while.
- Sprinkle the kasuri methi and remove from flame.
This day that year...
One day I suddenly realised that I had not blogged about the famous Tomato rice!And it came up immediately......