After that I had bookmarked quite a few recipes to try for Alka has recipes that are easy to prepare and yet simple.Finally the time has come to make them all cozRia who is hosting Tried and tasted for this month has chosen Alka's Sindhi Rasoi.T and T is an event started by Zlamuska and carried on by Lakshmi.
This recipe makes use of leftover chapathi and it is cooked in a tomato based gravy.I had this for lunch a couple of days ago and have fallen in love with it.Thanks for the yummy recipe Alka.
I used:[Original recipe is Here]
Leftover chapathi-3,roughly torn
Curry leaves- a few
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Coriander powder- 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder-1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Heat oil ina apan and add mustard,curry leaves.
- When it splutters add the onion and garlic and saute till it is transclucent.
- Add the tomato,red chilli powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder and cook till tomato is mushy.
- Add some water.This depends on how old your roti / chapathi is.I added 1/2 a cup.
- When it comes to a boil add salt and the torn chapathi pieces and mix well.
- Check if more water is required.
- Cover and cook till the chapathi is soft.
- If there is excess water ,cook uncovered till the mixture is dry.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves.