All these three don't seem to comet to me now, though I had a block a couple of months ago and now looks like I can't go slow in drooling over recipes,trying them out and posting them.So if you find my pace is too fast please bear with me for as people say 'This phase too shall pass....'
I have been trying quite a few recipes from Sindi Rasoi for Ria has chosen Alka's Sindhi Rasoi.for Tried and tasted this month;T & T is an event started by Zlamuska and carried on by Lakshmi .
I made this simple Kichhdi for breakfast a couple of days ago.
I used: [The original recipe is here]
Toor dhal - 1/2 a cup
Chana / gram dhal-1/2 cup
Moon dhal-1/4 cup
Rice-1/2 a cup
Tomato-1 large,finely chopped
Curry leaves- afew
Chilli powder-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Sambar powder-2 teaspoons
Asafoedia powder- a pinch
- Soak the rice and dhal for half an hour.
- Heat a pressure cooker and put in water [ I used around 4 cups of water.The quantity of water needed will vary with the quality of the ingredient so use your discretion.],salt,tumeric powder,red chilli powder ,dhal-rice mixture ,tomato,curry leaves and cover and cook for 15 minutes or 3 whistles.
- When the pressure releases mash the contents of the cooker [Add more water if its too thick or cook for some more time if its watery.]
- Heat oil in a small pan and put in mustard,curry leaves.
- When it saplutters add the sambar powder and mix.
- Immediately pour into the kichhdi and serve.
Also sending this to Priya for her Bookmarked recipes every Tuesday...
Also check out the other recipe posted today.Baingan ka raita.