Mom had once written down this recipe[in her memory] and passed it on to me.A very tasty and tangy chutney that can go with breakfast dishes as well as with piping hot steamed rice with a dollop of homemade ghee..Yummm.....
Grated raw mango - 1 cup
Grated coconut-1/2 cup
Cumin powder-1/2 teaspoon
Chilli powder-1/2 teaspoon
Roasted urad dhal -1 teaspoon[optional]
Ginger-a small piece
salt to taste
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds-1/2 a teaspoon
Curry leaves-a few
Red chilli-1 ,broken into bits
- Heat a pan with oil and saute tomato,mango,ginger and coconut.
- When the tomato gets mushy add the cumin and chilli powder
- Mix well and switch off the flame.
- Cool and grind with salt, roasted urad dhal to a paste adding a little water.
- Remove the chutney into a serving bowl.
- Heat a small pan and put in the items under seasoning.When it splutters,pour over chutney.
- Mix well and serve.
|Raw Mango Chutney|
Sending this to Jagruti's Complete my Thali event.