I tried this from Sailu's blog with a few changes.The best part is that this batter needs no fermentation and can be used as soon as it is ground.If the tomatoes are ripe the color of the dosa will be brlliant.
I used: [The original recipe is here]
Raw rice- 2 cups
Toor dhal-2 tablespoons
Ripe tomato -2
Grated coconut-2 tablespoons
Salt to taste
- Soak rice,toor dhal and redchillies for 4 hours.
- Drain and grind to a smooth batter along with chopped tomato,coconut and salt.Add water to get a dosa batter consistency.
- Heat a griddle and pour a ladleful of batter and spread like dosa.Drizzle oil around the edges if necessary.Cook till the edges lift up from the griddle.
- Flip it over and cook for a few seconds till done.
- Serve hot with a side dish of your choice.
Tomato dosa served with coconut chutney and Milagai podi
This recipe goes to Siri's Healing foods event hosted here with the theme - Tomato and Nupur's BB6 - Potluck edition.