I for sure did not know what to do and passed it on to my senior who also happened to be my neighbor.She saw the pack and said it was not something I would eat and would get it exchanged for me.I, of course, did not understand a word of what she meant and happily went to my class,the pack forgotten.The next day mom prepared something for my evening tiffin when I came back from school and told me it was the pack I got in school.It was yum and I was hooked!
Now I can see that those guys must have come to promote their product by passing out free samples and the pack I got would have been the chicken variety and my senior got the vegetarian version for me and handed it over to mom.
Why am I talking about this now,you might wonder.A post from Sana's Every bunny loves food had a post on Maggie noodles and it made me nostalgic.This month I am paired with Sana for Taste and Create.As you are aware Taste and Create is a food community where blogger's are paired to try and taste each others recipe.If you are interested check out the Sign up page.
Sana's recipe is titled 'Mera Lazywala Maggi' and this recipe is apt as I prepared it today morning.The climate is kinda 'its-gona-rain-anytime' sort and it definitely made me lazy prepare any elaborate breakfast.Noodles is Lil angels favorite so this was perfect today.
I made just one change in Sana's recipe.I replaced chicken with Paneer.The original recipe is here.My usual version does not include the spices that she used yet it was tasty and a change from the usual.By force of habit,I seasoned it with mustard and cumin seeds...
I used:[Serves 2]
Maggie noodles - 2 packets
Mixed vegetables-1 cup[I used peas,carrot,baby corn]
Paneer cubes-1/2 a cup
Chilli powder-1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Coriander powder-1 teaspoon
Mustard and cumin seeds-1/2 a teaspoon each
Coriander Leaves and grated cheese to garnish)
- Pressure cook [or microwave] the vegetables till done.
- Heat butter in a pan add the mustard and cumin seeds,when they crackle put in onion and saute till translucent.
- Add the red chilli powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder and the masala sachets that come with the noodles.[I used only 1 sachet instead of 2.]
- Add water according to the instructions on the pack.When it comes to a boil put in the vegetables,paneer,noodles.
- Once the noodles are cooked,remove to a serving plate and garnish with grated cheese and coriander leaves.
I also made Homamade Poha Chivda for Taste and create from Sana's blog
Would you like to be a part of T & C?Come and join us @ Taste and Create.