Very simple method turn a routine chapathi /Parota into an exciting meal.I have seen the method of preparation of Bing and they seem to use a lot of oil just like our Parottas being soaked in a lot of oil.I have made it healthier by omitting the oil and using whole wheat flour instead of All purpose flour / Maida.
Whole wheat flour -3 cups + for dusting
Spring onion-1/2 a cup or more,finely chopped
Cumin seeds-1 teaspoons
Chilli power- to taste
Salt to taste
- In a small bowl mix spring onions,cumin and red chilli powder.This is the filling.
- In another bowl put in wheat flour and salt and add water little by little to make a smooth dough.Knead well for a few minutes.
- Pinch a golf ball sized dough and flatten lightly.
- Place a teaspoon of the filling and bring the edges together to seal.Flatten again and roll out into chapathis.Dust a little flour if needed.
- Heat a griddle and cook the chapathi till brown spot appear on both sides.Drizzle oil /ghee if required.
Spring Onion Parathas can also be prepared in another hassle free method if you feel that filling and patching up the chapathi where is splits is a pain.Put in all the ingredients in a bowl and make a dough.Make chapthis with this dough.So no stuffing and patching up....This Indian version of the Chinese Bing is off to Sandhya who is hosting Gobal kadai-Flat breads an event started by Cilantro.