This is from Srivalli's blog-Cooking 4 all seasons.I have made very few changes in this recipe and here is my version.
Source - Cooking 4 All Seasons
Dried soya beans - 1 cups
Tomato- 2,large, chopped
Onion- 2 ,large, chopped
Thick Coconut milk - 1 cup
Almond powder - 1 tablespoon
Ginger garlic paste- 1/2 a teaspoon
Chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder -1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Garam masala- 1/2 a teaspoon
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 tablespoon
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Wash and soak soyabean over night.
- Drain change water and pressure cook with enough eater till soft but not mushy.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds,when it splutters add onion and saute onions turns brown.
- Put in ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute
- Add the chopped tomato and turmeric powder and cook till tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and mix well.Cook till oil oozes out from the masala.
- Put in the soya bean, almond powder and coconut milk.Add water to adjust consistency and bring to boil.
- Simmer till you get the desired consistency.
- Add garam masala ,mix well and remove from flame.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves.
Sending this to Nupur's BB-9 -Holiday Buffet event...
Recipes posted today...
Gobi Kasuri and
This Day That Year...
2009 - A food review - Awa Shan Zhai , one of our favorite restaurants
2008 - Broccoli soup to warm up your mind ,body and soul....