Saraswathi of Sara’s Corner has passed on these awards to me.
1. Kreative Blog Award
2. One Lovely Blog Award
3. I love your blog Award
So thoughtful of you Sara, to pass them on to me. Thank You!
Next, an easy potato curry, that MIL prepares often:
1. Potatoes - 3 medium sized
2. Garlic – 5 pods, large
3. Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
4. Salt to taste
5. Oil - 2 teaspoons
6. Jeera - 1/2 a teaspoon
7. Mustard - 1 teaspoon
8. Curry leaves - a few
1. Wash, peel and half the potatoes and pressure cook till done
2. Cut them into cubes and leave them in a bowl.
3. Put in chilli powder, salt and toss or use a fork so that it coats the potato pieces.
4. Marinate for 10 minutes
5. Mince the garlic
6. Heat oil in a pan and add mustard jeera and curry leaves and when the curry leaves crisp, add the garlic
7. When the garlic turns light brown add the potatoes
8. To the bowl in which the potato was marinated, add a few teaspoons of water and rinse out the remaining chilli powder and pour into the pan.
9. Mix well and simmer.
10. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
11. When the raw smell of chilli powder disappears and the water evaporates remove from fire and serve hot with chapathi or any rice dish.
Now the Tag:
Since my lilangel is sleeping and I have some free time, I thought I will write this lesuirely.. Did anyone say tags are meant to be answered in a single line?? Well, if so, kindly bear with me,...
1. What is your current obsession?
Clicking snaps about anything and everything that will be suitable for my blog. So whenever I go out, my cam also goes into the bag along with lilangel's snacks.
2. What are you wearing today?
My fav blue jean and black cotton tops
3. What’s for dinner?
Omg!! I never thought about it till now. I guess I can ask what hubby likes to have and take the responsibility of deciding dinner menu off my shoulder.
4. What’s the last thing you bought?
Notebooks and pens to note down recipes and tips. Most of the time I forget to recreate the recipe that I bookmarked and also when I prepare a dish and I want to add some tips about it in my blog, I again forget [because half the time the pic I clicked will be either in the camera / stored safely in my PC]. So got a few notebooks and pens so that I can jot them down. They are really a blessing now!!
5. What are you listening to right now?
Conversations from the movie - ‘clueless’. Its being aired non-stop from lastnite in one of the chanel here yet I am watching it again now!
6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
I think we have something in common between us. Some of our answers for this tag are similar [like – No.8, 9, 11, 12] and we both cookblog
7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Anyplace in this world where I would be spending my time with my loved ones. No, its not a dialogue, don’t we all love to spend out time with our beloved ones even if it was in the nastiest of place,.. Anyway what use is it when you have all the luxuries and yet have no one to share.. Catch my point!!!
8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
Plenty of water and fresh fruit juices - I would’nt want to get dehydrated, Sunscreen lotion, cotton cloths
9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
My hometown and bring back all the veggies and groceries I don’t get here coz its hard to manage without them.
10. Which language do you want to learn?
Mmm.. lets see - I want to learn to speak Mandarin more fluently and maybe brush up my French and learn German!
11. Who do you want to meet right now?
12. What is your favourite colour?
Black and Blue anytime!
13. What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet?
Sarees.. I love them the most. The other cloths have a place too but these are my favorite. But had to leave them all in India and I just have 2 here in my closet.
14. What is your dream job?
I would love to run a restaurant of my own.. Now, would you call that a job..?
15. What’s your favourite magazine?
Good housekeeping, its worth every page.
16. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
17. Describe your personal style?
18. What are you going to do after this?
Got to prepare breakfast [I better make this quick]
19. What are your favourite movies?
I love – Charlie chaplin’s movies, I am a great fan of - Sound of music and of course, comedy movies and some classics.
20. What inspires you?
My mom, babbles of my lil angel[it is the sweetest music!], Music, books.
21. Give us three styling tips that always work for you:
a. Dress to the occasion
b. Don’t use too much make-up [light make-up is the best]
c. Being poised and confident in mind brings out the elegance and that makes you look great
22. Coffee or Tea?
Coffee and Tea.. Hihi..
23. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Listen to music, divert my mind into doing things I love, Play with my little angel
24. What is the meaning of your name?
Goddess on a lotus [Goddess of wealth - Lakshmi]
25. Which other blogs you love visiting?
All the cooking blogs!! They are sooo beautiful with a lot of stuff I like. Even if it is a non-veg blog, I still admire the pics and the way of writing and sometimes also try to convert it to a veg recipe of possible.
26. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
All desserts are my fav but just one small condition - No cardamom please!
27. Favourite Food???
That’s a difficult question, coz it has sooo many! So just a few for you -
Curd Rice, Happala Karadha Payasa, Ennai Kathirikkai, Rice Sevai, Butter naan, paneer butter masala, pizza, icecreams, there are so many actually I can go on and on.. [Omg, I drooling already]
Along with this list, any dish prepared by mom and grandma
Now here is a question of my own,...
28. What do you consider to be unethical in blogging?
Now, I tag these wonderful bloggers, but friends no pressure to write them immediately. Take your time!
If you have already got these awards and have been tagged, ’congrats to you’ but please be sure to pass it on and make a blogger-friend smile.
2. Soumya Arun
Now here are the rules for the people am tagging:
Respond and rework – answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention and add one more question of your own. Then tag eight or ten other people.
Ok now off I go to prepare breakfast...